Today I set out to make chickpea patties but happened upon some really delicious hummus along the way. I thought I would share this yummy goodness!
**I never measure, it’s all cooked to taste**
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- mixed herbs
- crushed garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- finely diced spinach (optional)
- lemon juice (if you like a little tang)
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse
2. Combine ALL ingredients adding a little at a time to taste
3. Add to food processor along with a bit of water (just a little to moisten the mixture)
4. Add a bit of extra virgin olive oil
5. Blend to a smooth puree
6. Add more salt to taste if needed and blend more
7. Serve in a bowl with warm pita bread
As for the meal that I intended to make…..Chickpea Patties
Add breadcrumbs to the above mixture
You can make your own by putting toasted/day old bread in a food processor with seasoning….or you can buy them
I make my own, eats cheaper.
Scoop out a palm size portion and form a patty, coating with more bread crumbs
Repeat for each patty
Place patties in an oiled skillet and darken on both sides
Remove from heat and put in an oven safe dish and bake on 350F or 15 minutes or until firm
Remove from oven, place on warm pita bread and Enjoy!
Serve with salad and tzatziki sauce (click here for an excellent version from The Greedy Gourmet).